Monday, November 2, 2009

It's a Matter of Faith


November is in full force here in Erlangen. All the leaves are brown and right now its a cloudy day with a little rain. Makes me miss home a little. I've always loved Utah Valley in the fall.

It seems that Satan is really working hard on the people here in Erlangen. unfortunately, due to sicknesses and other weird reasons, we haven't had much luck meeting with our investigators. Walter got the flu, Andreas has disappeared off the face of the earth, and Frau Lechner is still busy moving. Elder Jensen and I were talking about our struggles last night, however, and we both feel reinvigorated and very good about this upcoming week. Our faith is strong and our will to keep on truckin' is even stronger.
This week we had the great privilege of having a mission tour. We had the opportunity of hearing from two general authorities: Elder Camargo of the third quorum of the seventy, and Elder Texiera of the presidency of the Europe area. It was a great spiritual energy boost to hear from these two servants of the Lord. Elder Texiera talked a lot about how the Lord expects a difference here in Germany, and that, in his own words, "Its a matter of faith." I received a lot of personal revelation about what I can do better, but the basic message that I got from the mission tour was that all I really need to do Is push myself just a little more and do things, in Elder Tiexeira's words, "fundamentally different" in order to see more success here in Erlangen, and for the rest of my mission.
Luckily the end of the week showed us a little promise. Yesterday we went by Frau Lechner and offered our services to help with the move. She accepted and we will be helping her and her family move this Saturday. This gives us a great opportunity to start building a relationship with her husband and children and make the steps toward eventually teaching them as a family. I've caught the vision for this family and can't wait to see what happens with them in the near future.
Glad to hear that things are well back home, and glad to hear that Young Frankenstein is still being watched at the Andersen home on Halloween that's super important. Elder Jensen knows Young Frankenstein and we've been quoting it all the time for the past four weeks "There Wolf...There Castle."
Know that I love you all, and pray for you every day. The Lord will continue to bless you. I know because he has promised to bless my family while I'm away.

Alles Gute!

-Andy

No comments: