Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OUR FIRST LETTER...


Here is most of our first hand-written-in-the-mail letter (in Andy's exact words). Andy has enjoyable voice in his writing, it wouldn't be the same to paraphrase. Enjoy...

Dear Fam,
Aloha! Or I guess I should say gutenhaben! It is now 10:05 p.m. and my first day at the MTC is almost over. In all honesty, I'm Trippin' a little right now but I know that this will pass and that the Lord is with me. Thank you so much for helping me leave over the past 5 weeks. Its been a crazy ride but I think we pulled it all off with flying colors! My gratitude especially goes out to you mom. Without your Faith and amazing organization skills we never would've made it.
Dad, thanks for your amazing example to me as a husband, father, and all around top-notch guy! While I have many heroes that are writers, actors, filmmakers, and historical figures, you are my only hero as simply a man. I hope on my mission I will be able to have the same traits that make you such a christ-like person. Mom, I'm almost scared to write at this moment because I don't want to cry in front of my companion over the overwhelming love I feel for you. I know I don't always show it, but I love you and love being around you so much that right now I'm kinda missing you the most. Thank you for being such an amazing mother and for showering me with love all these years. I can feel your love and even can feel your arms around me at this very moment. And right now I hope you feel the hugs and kisses I'm sending your way. Well today was fun, exciting, horrifying and uplifting all at the same time! My companion's name is Elder Walking Eagle. He's Native American and seems like a way cool Guy. Keep being the Amazing people you are and don't miss me too much! Buy the ticket, take the ride!
LOVE, ANDY

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

So I totally teared up when I read that.

Elisabeth said...

Just another reason why I love and adore that Young Man!

Delora said...

What an awesome son you have to write such a fine letter. He is a good example. He is going to be a great missionary.