Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time has passed away as if it were like unto a dream!

The Referral Center continues to be a great learning experience. I talked to this born-again Christian who told me she wasn't interested, but when I asked her if she knew anyone else that might be interested in hearing our message she gave me like four or five names and numbers. She said she wanted her friends to be born-again as well, but hopefully they will end up LDS instead. Sucker! haha just joking. But I did learn a very valuable lesson in the R.C. later in the week. I was really discouraged in there because I had just got off the phone with a lady whose daughter had called for a Book of Mormon. The lady was really rude and told me that she and her daughter were Baptists and Christians, NOT MORMONS! and hung up the phone pretty quick. I was so sad because I felt like I should have said more and I also felt bad for that 18 year-old girl whose Mom was hindering her salvation (not that she meant to). About a half hour later, however, I was able to get a guy to have the missionaries visit him, along with his parents and grandparents! From that experience I learned that there will be plenty of discouragement on the Mission, but the joy that comes from seeing those few people baptised will make up for that discouragement times 10! I know that the sadness I feel when people don't accept the missionaries, and the great joy I feel that comes from when they do, is there because the church is true.
Next week will be the first time I teach a lesson in German! I'm freakin' out about it right now but I know that it'll be ok. I just feel like I can't speak even close to enough German to give a whole lesson already!
Speaking of "already," can you believe that I've already been here just about a whole MONTH?! It's ridiculous how fast it seems it went by. And time only seems to go by faster and faster. Before I know it, I'll be in Germany or Austria, scared silly but loving every minute of it! It's just like Jacob said, "time has passed away as if it were like unto a dream." I think that's what he says at the end of the book of Jacob but I'm not sure if I quoted it right. It's the second to last verse in the book of Jacob so look it up.

No comments: