Monday, December 27, 2010

Good bye, Farewell and Amen


Well, here we are folks. I'm now smack dab in the middle of my last P-Day on the mission. On Thursday I'll be leaving my mission. I`ll be leaving this wonderful country and these people that I have grown to love. I've been contemplating over the past few weeks why exactly it is that I've grown to love these people, and I think I've figured it out.
Last week we visited a less active member who is going through some hard times. He lives all alone and is having a very hard time finding hope. His testimony of the gospel is strong however, and as he prayed for us before we left, I was overwhelmed with the spirit. I opened my eyes and looked over at this man, and realized that what I was feeling was God's love for him. It is one of the warmest and most comforting feelings I've ever had in my life, and it was only a small portion of God's perfect love for his children.
That is a gift that one is given as a missionary. It comes with the calling. One has the opportunity to vicariously feel God's love for his children, and a good missionary will take that feeling and harness it to get some good work done and bring these people closer to Christ.
The people in Germany have so much potential, as all of God's children do. It's tragic to see that potential so often lay dormant, but the day will soon come when the Church will blossom at incredible speeds here in Germany. The true Church of Christ will be the last beacon of hope that the German's can look to, and they will come flocking to it. I look forward to that day, and on that day I will get on my knees in gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing these people that I love so much. I know that this Gospel is true, and that we are all Children of God. If we remember that, nothing can stop us from fulfilling our potential. The truth is always what we can turn to for hope and peace, and the truth lies with God, and he has revealed it to his prophets. We have Prophets on the earth today that lead us and God's church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that Christ lives, that he has my savior, and that his hand is always there. All we must do is reach up and take his hand, and through life's up and downs, that's where the constant peace can be.
I love you all and I look forward to being with you again soon. Hoorah for Israel!

-Elder Andy Andersen

No comments: