Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Heart is filled with gratitude


Now that the Christmas season is here in full force, my heart is being filled more and more every day with gratitude to my Heavenly Father. He has given me a truly glorious gift by giving me the opportunity to be on my mission here in this great land with these wonderful people for the past two years. I never would have made it here alone either. It is through the grace of my savior Jesus Christ that I was able to become worthy to serve a mission, and during this Christmas time my heart is drawn to him, to celebrating his coming to this world to save us from our sins.
Yesterday I finished reading the Book of Mormon in German. I started it at the beginning of the year and it has been a very spiritual experience for me to read this Book of Books in my mission Language. I know now more than ever that it is the Word of God, and the evidence that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's church. I've learned on my mission very clearly the importance of regularly reading in the Book of Mormon, most importantly for the purpose of constantly strengthening my testimony of it and all that that entails.
Half of last week has already been reported in the last email, but the past few days have also brought forth some good fruits. On Saturday evening we went by Br. Pallmüller, an ex-member with a really nice American wife. They had us in and were really glad to have us over. We'll be meeting with them again this week with some members in our ward whom they know, and feel like they have a ton of potential and would fit in great with the families in our ward.
Elder Vogel and I have put a lot of time into trying to figure out how we can really take advantage of the Christmas season and feel like we've got a lot of good ideas going. I'm really looking forward to these next three weeks and to see what will come of everything we've got going for us here in Unna. Hope that the spirit of Christmas is already there with you all back home. Take care!

-Andy

No comments: