Thursday, March 12, 2009

Made it Fam! Top o the world!

Well, I officially survived the MTC. It's been quite the journey and I've loved the hard times as well as all the wonderful times! I've been pretty nervous about leaving to Germany this week but something happened yesterday that has reinvigorated my excitement for this most important work!
I've been talking to this investigator in the referral center named Barbara. She's an amazing Lady that is so golden I can't even take it. We read the book of Mormon together over the phone yesterday and there was such and amazing spirit. She has a very close relationship with Christ and a love for the word of God that I have learned so much from. As we prayed together over the phone for the last time, I remembered Mosiah chapter 28, which talks about the sons of Mosiah wanting to preach to the Lamanites because they had an amazingly strong desire to bring all men to Christ. I was once again assured that this is why I'm here. To be a vessel through which the Lord brings people his gospel and the gift of eternal life! I'm so excited and humbled that the Lord would allow me to be a part of his work in Germany and Austria and I know that great things are happening there right now.
When I really think about it, the one thing that got me through the tough days in the MTC was Love- the love of my family, which I feel every day, the love of my District and wonderful friends that I've made here, and the love of my Savior. Love is all it took. I am made strong through the love of my family, friends, and savior, and I hope I have shared and will share that love with other people as much as I can.
It's truly amazing how, even when I think about how I haven't seen you for two months, I'm missing March Madness with Dad right now, hanging out with my two best friends in the world (you know I'm talking about you Olin and Karl), playing with Lucy and Ruby, and being with my wonderful saint of a Mother, I have not once felt far away from any of you. You are always with me and I am always with you. And I know that even when I'm in another part of the world I will feel closer to all of you than ever! I pray for your happiness and well-being, and look forward to the wonderful times that lie ahead of us as a family. Take care everyone!
Love,

-Andy

1 comment:

Kellianne said...

It's only been two months, and yet Andy (ahem, Elder Andersen) has grown so much! I can see it through these letters--he is becoming such a strong, wonderful and awe-inspiring individual. I still can't believe that's my little cousin Andy! I'm so excited for him to go to Germany--he's going to do so many fantastic things!