Monday, April 19, 2010

April 6, 2010

Hope you weren't worried that you wouldn't be getting an email this week. Yesterday was a big German holiday so we had p-day today instead.
Once again, I've survived transfers and am settling in in my new area. I spent most of my mission thus far in the Nürnberg Zone (Schweinfurt, Erlangen) and working in Nürnberg has almost felt like coming home. My new comp., Elder Sanchez, is a good guy. He's got four months left and really wants out of Nürnberg. He's kind of got a bad rap in this mission for being what we refer to here as a "schwarz" missionary, but I like him a lot and am focusing on being his friend and recognizing his positive traits. Its hard not too be working as hard as I have been, but I'm just trying my best to do my part and have faith that success will come from that.
It's my first time living in a four man, and as you could probably imagine, I'm havin' a blast. We live with the Zone Leaders, both awesome guys. Elder Bailey was my last district leader and is a total stud. He actually is a pro ski jumper and would have been in the Vancouver Olympics, but he came on his mission instead. Elder Waldvogel is also really cool. He's a big family guy fan so we've bonded by quoting it.
Not a ton has happened here thus far, but I did meet Joe, an investigator here with a baptismal date. He's a really cool guy and I guess has made a lot of changes. We'll be meeting with him tonight and committing him to come to church regularly.
What an amazing General Conference we had this past weekend! I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we have prophets, seers, and revelators again on the earth today. Both of President Uchtdorf's talks were my favorite this time. One thing he said in his Sunday morning talk sticks out most in my mind: "Without a love for God, and our fellow men, our church is only the form without the substance." That is a true principle, one that I have come to know and love very well on my mission. It is my hope and prayer that over the next year I can continue to develop my love for God, and for the people here, for it is through love unfeigned that I will be able to successfully bring people unto Christ.
Wish you all a great week. You're in my prayers as always!

Alles Gute!

-Andy

No comments: