Monday, April 19, 2010

March 22, 2010

What a great week its been for us and for the people of Landshut. The work here is still on the up and up and I feel the Lord's love for these people, and for me, now more than ever.
After what has seemed like eternity of waiting for the time to be right, we've finally set a baptismal date with Monika Hein! She and Mario will be married on the 7th of April, then she will be baptized on the 25th. Its been such a great blessing to be able to teach Monika, and witness her conversion. She's been a great example to me of someone who has accepted Christs sacrifice for her and allowed the atonement to purify her and change her life. But as it always goes, once you set a baptismal date with someone, Satan kicks into high gear and works twice as hard on 'em. As much as it gives me the incentive to work twice as hard and remain worthy of the spirit, I'm not worried at all about Monika. The spirit is so strong with her right now that there's nothing that can stop her.
Herr Hardtbauer is doing as well as can be expected. Still struggling with Alcohol, but he came to all three meetings of church this Sunday, which was a big step for him.
We had some great experiences this week with finding. On Wednesday we met with a man in Freising (a little town in our area right between Landshut and Munich) who had been referred to us from some other Elder's who had somehow wondered into our area and found him for us. His name is Nasif Tschabi, a Muslim from Africa. He was very open and enjoyed what we had to say quite a bit. When we explained what we understand as the role of Jesus Christ and his atonement, specifically that we must do all that we can do be saved by his grace, he said that it was the first time that it made sense to him. "I've asked a lot of Christian leaders, teachers, and priests," he said, "and I never found an answer as good as the answer you just gave me." Our meeting with him strengthened my testimony that we do have the FULLNESS of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that our doctrine IS his doctrine.
Back in Erlangen I developed a great love for the young people here in Germany. It was a great blessing for me to get to know so many of my generation with such strong faith and moral values. Here in Landshut I haven't really had a lot of interaction with people my own age, but on Thursday, on the train back from Landau after an appointment with Monika, we had a wonderful conversation with a girl who was on her way to Munich. After talking to her for about 15 minutes we asked her about her beliefs and she told us that she believed in the Bible and in Jesus Christ. We taught her about the restoration and about the Book of Mormon and she was more open and accepting of what we taught than anyone I've seen in a long time. She gladly took a Book of Mormon and said she would read it and pray about it. Its always great to see the rising generation come unto Christ.
Transfer calls will be this Sunday. As always, If I'm transferred I will know that it is the Lord's will...but man oh man It'll be hard! Eh, guess will see soon enough. Hope you all have a great week. Take care!

-Andy

No comments: