Monday, April 19, 2010

April 12, 2010


Glad to hear you all had a good spring break. Hope the weather is getting better there. Here the weather has been pretty darn good but the past couple days have been pretty gloomy. That's just kinda how it is in Germany in April though. Next month will for sure be the real start of summer. Lookin' forward to it.
Had a decent week here in Nuremberg, and a great birthday. Nothing special, just a zone conference. Zone conferences are always great though. I always love coming together with all the other missionaries and getting a chance to see some old buddies. Elder Anderson and Elder Jensen (Two of my main bros whom I worked with in Erlangen) are now working together in Coburg. It was great to see both of them and talk about the good times we had together in my old favorite area.
Me and Sanchez are getting along really well. I'm not working as hard as I'm used to, but I'm pretty sure that the best thing I can do right now is to go with the flow and just try and be a friend to him. Anything else just wouldn't work. In any case though, he's a really good guy with an awesome testimony and great knowledge of the gospel. He's also a great, straight-forward teacher, which I really respect.
Its cool living with Elder Bailey and Elder Waldvogel. They're both fun to live with and are great missionaries whom I can learn a lot from. We've already had quite a few good times together. We actually had a bit of an adventure last night when Elder Bailey cut himself on a hinge of an old book shelf last night. It was a clean, but really deep cut and we all went with him to the hospital with a member last night at about 11 pm. Within a half hour he was sowed up and good to go, and we went back home. It was really funny to see Elder Waldvogel get all giddy and excited about the whole situation (he's studying to be a doctor, so he's one of "those guys"). Elder Sanchez was totally chill about the whole situation, as he is in all situations, and I went into Woody Allen mode and started freaking out about it all, half joking half not.
On Saturday night we had a baptism in our ward of an investigator who just moved here from Ansbach. He was also confirmed yesterday. He's a young guy, 24, whom Elder Sanchez and I plan to visit him frequently to make this a smooth transition for him and help him to feel as comfortable as possible. He'll also be a great tool in the lord's hands for the missionary work here in Nürnberg.
I was sad to hear about Uncle Don's passing. I always enjoyed being in his company. I know that he is having a great reunion with grandma Wanda and grandpa Karl on the other side. It is a great blessing in times like this to have a knowledge of our heavenly fathers plan of happiness.
I'm hopin' we can get some good work done this week. We have a lot of less actives in our area and I think we can do good work with them. I still miss Landshut but I'm really excited to be here as well. Love you all and pray for you always. Till next time...

-Andy

No comments: